Media Center Policies
The Timber Ridge Learning Resource Center is a:
- Purposeful Place: You always enter with a purpose.
Why are you here? What is it you need to do?
- Productive Place: You are always busy.
What do you want to accomplish?
- Peaceful Place: You always respect others.....Shhhh....
What's in the LRC for Me?
- A staff that will help you!
- Fiction Books
- Non-Fiction Books
- Reference Books
- The Pit
- Magazines & Newspapers
- SPECIAL EVENTS
You may use the LRC
- Before School: beginning at 7:15 A.M.
- During School: all day long!
- After School: until 4:00 P.M.
Checking Out Books
- Your ID card is always required.
- You may check out more than one book!
- The fine for an overdue books is 10 cents per day.
- If you lose a book, you must pay for it.
- Always check the due date of your book.
- Remember, this is the date that you agreed to return or renew the book.
The fine for an overdue book is 10 cents per day.
- Look and look for the book; look again in your locker or classrooms.
- Pay for the book.
- If the book is found, your money will be returned.
- Come with a pen/pencil and paper.
- Never hesitate to ask for help.
Entering the LRC
- Come in quietly with your class and be seated
- Come in quietly with your pass and begin
- You must have a pass from your classroom teacher.
- Write the computer # in the sign-in notebook.
- Log in with your User name and Password.
- Use the databases and /or websites given to you by your teacher.
- If you are typing a paper, you must bring a rough draft with you.
- Save your work in your network folder on the server.
- Log out when you are finished.
- A comfortable place for reading magazines, newspapers, or books
- Magazines and newspapers may not be checked out.
LRC fun EVERYDAY for EVERYONE! Join us!
- THE FIRST READ CLUB
- CAUDILL BOOK READING
- MOCK NEWBERY AWARDS
- MOCK SIBERT AWARDS
- BATTLE OF THE BOOKS
- TR WOLF WRITERS
- FALL & SPRING BOOKFAIRS
- POEM DOWN!