MathCountsTeam is being Formed!!!
First Meeting: Thursday, December 12th
Who: Students who are good at math and would like to compete against other students from other schools
Where: Room 139
When: 3 to 4 PM
Purpose: Information Meeting to let you know about the competition and how students will be selected.
Questions: See Mr. De Geus - Room 139
Girls' Basketball Tryouts
Informational Meeting: Tuesday, December 10th
Who: 7th and 8th Grade Girls
Where: Choir Room
Time: 3 to 3:30 PM (Please have rides here on time.)
Questions? See Mr. Van Duzer or Mr. Brand
Tornado Relief: T-shirt Fundraiser
A teaching assistant at Ira Jones, Diana Grandmaison's daughter started a fundraising effort for the victims of the tornadoes from last week. She designed a t-shirt and found a sponsor to print and ship the t-shirts, and the profits will go to the victims. In the link below is a copy of the flyer with the information.
Congratulations, Ravina Thakkar!!!
Congratulations on your first book signing event! We are all so proud of you. Good luck and may you have many more as your writing career takes off!
"Battle of the Books" News!!!
Attention all "Battle of the Books" Teams, Coaches and Fans. The first round of B.O.B. apparel should be here next week. I will make a huge announcement to let you know when you can come down and pick up your gear!
We are going to place a second order for t his year's "Battle of the Books" apparel next week. You can get forms in the Media Center or from the website. Forms are due on December 13th by Noon. No late orders will be accepted. Our final order will be placed right after 12 o'clock. Please bring the form with money down to the library and turn it in to Mrs. Markwell.
Happy Reading and Happy Holidays!
Order form for B.O.B. Clothing:
"Gently Used" Book Drive
When: November 18 through December 13th
What: Collecting "Gently Used" and New books for sick children
Age Groups: K through 9th grade
How: Drop-off bins will be in Ms. Palmisano's Room (103)
Let's get into the holiday spirit and show our Husky support!
"Class of 2018" – Important Dates
January 13th ~ Middle School Visits
January 15th ~ PNHS Explorations Night -7 pm Presentation/Check-in @ 6:30 pm
January 22nd ~ PEHS Explorations Night at 6:30
January 23rd ~ Ira Jones Middle School Class of 2018 Course Entry
January 24th ~ Heritage Grove Middle School Class of 2018 Course Entry
April 30th ~ Step-up Day
August 13th ~ Freshman Orientation 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
ATTENTION HERITAGE GROVE FAMILIES:
Recycling old Ink Cartridges...
Mr. Pape's Teambuilding group is now accepting ink cartridges for donation. Any ink cartridges big or small will be appreciated. Drop your donations in Room 111. E-mail any questions to Mr. Pape at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks and have a great day!
Box Tops and Labels for Education:
Student Council would like to remind our students and families that we collect boxtops for education and labels for education. The drop-off location is in front of the main office. Thank you for helping Heritage Grove.
Lunches for Field Trips through Sodexo
Let us pack your child's lunch...
Parent, we can make your life easier!
- Instead of packing a lunch foryour student's field trip, let us do it!
- Pay the regular lunch price of $2.25 or place funds in your child's account.
- FREE for students that are eligible for free lunch already.
- $0.40 standard REDUCED lunch price for those that receive reduced lunch.
- The correct amount will be deducted per meal.
- See fun field trip menu selections on our flyer.
- Click on the link below, for the form to fill out.
- The order form must be turned in 2 DAYS PRIOR to the field trip in an envelope marked "Lunchroom" to your child's teacher.
Join "Good Search" and Support Heritage Grove.
This afterschool homework group is up and running on every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from 3:00 to 4:00 Pm.
You will have a place to reflect on the day’s activities and get your homework completed before going home each evening. Simply come to the Media Center, sign-in, and get started. Dr. Williams and Mr. Gidley will lead you on Mondays and Wednesdays.
***PLEASE NOTE: ALL CALENDAR INFORMATION IS TENTATIVE AND SUBJECT TO CHANGE BASED ON STATE REQUIREMENTS, WEATHER, AND OTHER FACTORS.***
All high schools will hold their graduation ceremonies on May 17, 2014, with PHSCC and PEHS at 10 a.m., and PSHS and PNHS at 7 p.m.
All Middle School 8th grade promotions will be held on Thursday, May 22, 2014, as follows:
- JFK - 7 p.m. at PEHS;
- Ira Jones - 5 p.m. at PNHS;
- Heritage Grove - 7:30 p.m. at PNHS;
- Drauden Point - 5 p.m. at PSHS;
- Aux Sable - 7:30 p.m. at PSHS;
- Indian Trail - 5 p.m. at PHSCC;
- Timber Ridge - 7:30 p.m. at PHSCC
Saturday School for 2013-2014
Next Date: December 14th
Below are the scheduled Saturday School dates for the school year. Please remember the procedures:
1) Open Door Policy: Students may arrive and leave at any time from 8:00-12:00
2) Location: Medica Center and the students should be dropped off at the back door of the media center in the bus drive on the west side of the building.
3) Students may be referred: Referrals are good for large amounts of missing work, large projects, test retakes, etc...
Below are the tentative dates:
9/28 10/12 11/9 11/23
12/14 1/25 2/22 3/1
4/12 4/26 5/17
This program will be on Tuesdays after school until 3:55pm, and Friday mornings starting at 7am. This program is open for any student at Heritage Grove. Any questions see Mr. Vondran in Room 107.