DISTRICT 202 FULL DAY KINDERGARTEN INFORMATION
District 202 will once again offer a full-day kindergarten program for the 2020-21 school year.
***PLEASE NOTE: District 202 still does not have enough space in our schools to provide full-day kindergarten to all students who may want it. However, our community and our Board of Education have made full-day kindergarten a top priority and we will continue to work toward that goal.
Therefore, we will conduct a computerized lottery to randomly choose 408 students for this pilot program and continue to look for ways to serve more students in the near future.
Full-Day Kindergarten FAQ's | Full-Day Kindergarten Registration Guide
***WITHOUT EXCEPTION, all students must be five years old on or before September 1, 2020, to attend kindergarten, per state law.
- The lottery application will be accessible on the District 202 web site and all 17 elementary school web sites from
7 a.m. January 13, 2020 to 5 p.m. January 24, 2020.
- Each family can complete only one lottery application. Families with multiple kindergarten students will complete one application including the names of all prospective students. This application will create individual lottery entries for each child. Any duplicate entries for a child will be deleted.
- Families without Internet access may register online at their child’s homeschool on any regular school day from 9 a.m. January 13, 2020 to the end of the school day on January 24, 2020.
- Once your application is submitted, you will receive an email confirmation. If you do NOT receive an email confirmation, please call 815-577-4026 prior to 5 p.m. on January 24, 2020 to confirm your entry.
- Families will apply for the lottery with the intention of them attending their home school based on their primary home address. ***However, the actual classroom for your home school may be housed at another building depending on available space.
- The actual lottery will be held at 10 a.m. on January 31, 2020. All applicants will be notified whether their child has been accepted or put on the waiting list no later than February 1, 2020.
- Students chosen for this program must complete the registration process by March 27, 2020 or they will lose their slot.
- Full-day kindergarten tuition will be $100 per month in addition to the one-time $90 kindergarten registration fee. The $100 monthly tuition will help offset the cost of the additional staff and resources needed to offer the full-day kindergarten program.
Please email FDK@psd202.org