Auditions & Challenges
Students audition for chair/band placement each semester. First semester auditions are generally held in February (Wind Ensemble) and May (Concert/Symphonic Band) of the previous school year. Second semester auditions are in late November/early December. These dates are subject to change.
Students may challenge a student for higher chair placement according to the following guidelines.
- A challenge form must be filled out and signed by both students and turned in to your director for approval.
- Students may only challenge the student seated directly above them in the same band.
- A student may challenge the same person no more than three consecutive times per semester.
- No challenges will occur during the two weeks leading up to a performance.
- A student will forfeit their chair if they do not agree to a date and time within one week of being asked for a challenge.
- A tie will result in the defender retaining their chair.