Help with Home Heating Bills through Home Energy Assistance Program at the Will County Center for Community Concerns
- Download FlyerGender:
Both GendersStaff or Students:
Staff and StudentsGrade Level:
All GradesSchool: Description:
The Will County Center for Community Concerns is accepting applications for the Home Energy Assistance Program that assists income-eligible households with their winter utility bills and furnace assistance. Apply in person at our office in Joliet or at one of our outreach locations throughout Will County.
Households must be at or below 150% of the federal poverty level to receive a benefit from the LIHEAP program.
Applicants must bring all documents listed below to apply for LIHEAP:
- Social Security cards for all household members
- Proof of gross income for the last 30 days of income for all household members from all sources, like pay stubs, SSA, SSI, child support, unemployment
- Proof that your household received TANF or other benefits, like Medical Eligibility or SNAP
- Current gas/electric bills issued within the last 30 days
- Proof of age (ID or birth certificate) if eligibility is based on age at the time of application
- Copy of rental agreement - if you are renting - that shows if utilities are included, the monthly rent and landlord contact information
Applications are taken on a first-come, first-serve basis through May 31, 2020 or until funding has been exhausted, whichever comes first.
Applications are taken at the Will County Center for Community Concerns - located at 2455 Glenwood Avenue, Joliet - on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. and Wednesday from 8:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. or until the daily sign-in sheet is full, whichever comes first. Applications are also taken at various outreach locations throughout Will County.
Visit our website (www.wcccc.net) for additional information about the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), our outreach locations throughout Will County and schedules or call the office at 815-722-0722.End Date:
2020-04-29CLICK THE IMAGE BELOW FOR PRINTABLE VERSION