ESSER III Funding
On March 11, 2021, the American Rescue Plan (ARP) Act was signed into law. In it, the U.S. Department of Education is providing an additional $121.9 billion for the Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief Fund (ARP ESSER Fund). This legislation awards grants to state educational agencies (SEAs) for providing local educational agencies (LEAs, i.e., school districts) with emergency relief funds to address the impact that COVID-19 has had, and continues to have, on elementary and secondary schools across the nation.
ARP ESSER III Spending Plan
Each school district that receives ARP ESSER Funds must develop a plan for the use of the funds and provide an opportunity for the public to provide comments.
Below is a summary of the plan for Plainfield CCSD #202. Use the form linked here to provide public comment.
ARP/ESSER III Allocation Plan
ESSER III General Allocation = $14,844,111 (at least 20% of which must be used to address the loss of learning)
- Summer Learning and Enrichment PreK-12 including Special Education and Multilingual Learners.
- Summer School Supplies
- Educator Professional Development
- Consultants (Cultural Competency, Flippen Group, The Written Word, Structured Literacy, Hope Educational Group)
- Learning Specialists
- Instructional Tech Coaches
- Technology Specialists and Assistants
- Reading Specialists
- Band Equipment Cleanings and Repairs
- Support Services (Health Clerks)
- District-Wide ESL Screeners
- HVAC System Replacement
- Sanitation Supplies
- Non-Public Professional Development
- Summer Camp CARES FY21
- Educator Endorsement Programs
- Permanent Substitutes & Teacher Substitutes
- Workshops & Conferences
ESSER III State Set-Aside Allocation for Targeted Funding
Target 1: Learning Loss ($3,203,880)
- After School Tutors (including Huntington Learning Centers)
- Summer School Personnel at all levels
- Online Learning Platforms (Edgenuity, Learning A-Z, iReady, STEM LAB)
- Professional Development
Target 2: Summer Enrichment ($640,776)
- Transportation for Summer School
- Middle School Summer Bridge Program
Target 3: After School Programs ($640,776)
- Additional After school tutors
All expenditures, along with specific planning for afterschool and summer school programs, will be dependent on grant approval.