Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)
District 202 is dedicated to open, transparent and efficient two-way public communications through many means, including the Illinois Freedom of Information Act (FOIA). The FOIA gives community members access to all public records and information, as defined by the FOIA Act.
TO REQUEST PUBLIC RECORDS THROUGH FOIA, PLEASE:
- Contact Director of Community Relations/FOIA Officer Tom Hernandez at (815) 577-4008 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or
- In Mr. Hernandez’s absence, contact Communications Coordinator/Schools Linda Taylor at (815) 577-4085 or email@example.com
- All FOIA requests must be submitted in writing, whether through US Mail, fax or email. Requesters do not have to use an official FOIA form to request information through FOIA. However, District 202 provides an official FOIA form for the requestor’s convenience.
- The completed FOIA request/form can be mailed to Tom Hernandez/Linda Taylor at the District 202 Administrative Center, 15732 Howard Street, Plainfield, 60544; faxed to (815) 577-1067; or emailed to the appropriate email addresses.
- PLEASE NOTE: All completed FOIA requests and responses will be published on this web site to promote and ensure public transparency.
View Completed FOIA Requests and Responses
District 202 will respond to all FOIA requests within the time required by law. A fee for copying may be charged, as allowed by law.