Social Social Emotional Supports for Students and Families
COUNSELING SERVICES AND RESOURCES
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
- Text REACH to 74141 to connect with a Crisis Counselor. Free 24/7 support at your fingertips.
- Summer Therapy Groups
- Hartgrove General Counseling Services (English)
- Hartgrove General Counseling Services (Spanish)
- Hartgrove Summer Therapy Groups
- ReferralGPS Counseling Resource Tool -- a free, optional tool providing a searchable database of treatment options based on the family’s home address.
Illinois Call4Calm Text Line:
If you or a loved one are struggling with stress related to the COVID-19 pandemic and need emotional support, text TALK to 552020 for English or HABLAR for Spanish. This service is free and available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. People seeking assistance will remain anonymous and will provide only their first name and zip code, which enables the service to link you to a counselor in your area who is knowledgeable about available local resources. In addition, the phone number can be used to seek help and guidance on other critical issues during the pandemic. Residents can text keywords like “unemployment,” “food,” or “shelter,” according to the governor’s office, and they will receive additional information in response
Calling the coronavirus pandemic a “deeply unprecedented moment,” Illinois Governor J.B. Pritzker’s administration announced a new program that will allow Illinois residents to talk to a mental health professional, free of charge, during the COVID-19 crisis. The program, called “Call4Calm,” was launched Saturday, April 11, 2020 by the state’s Human Services Mental Health Division. Illinois residents wanting to speak to a mental health care professional can text the word “TALK” to 552020, and the service is free to use, according to the governor’s office.
“We are living in a deeply unprecedented moment, and holding the emotional ramifications of that inside will only be harder on you,” Pritzker said. “Please know that you don’t have to feel it all alone. I want you to know that we’re here to help.”
- Help is Here: Talk to Someone
- Talking to Children About Coronavirus
- Supporting Children Social Emotional Needs & Helping Them Cope
- Parenting Support & Guidance During School Closure
- District 202 Hartgrove Counseling Center - Virtual Behavioral Health Services
- Will County Support Services