Home Board Policies
8:95 Parental Involvement
In order to assure collaborative relationships between students' families and the Board of Education and District personnel, and to enable parents/guardians to become active partners in education, the Superintendent shall:
- Keep parents/guardians thoroughly informed about their child's school and education.
- Encourage parents/guardians to be involved in their child's school and education.
- Establish effective two-way communication between parents/guardians and the District.
- Seek input from parents/guardians on significant school-related issues.
- Inform parents/guardians on how they can assist their children's learning.
The Superintendent shall periodically report to the School Board on the implementation of this policy.
CROSS REF.: 6:170 (Title 1 Programs), 6:250 (Community Resource Persons and Volunteers), 8:10 (Connection with the Community, 8:90 (Parent Organizations)
ADOPTED: November 22, 2004
REVISED: April 26, 2011